Thursday, March 10, 2016

Copenhagen Alone

Being half way around the world and realizing for the first time you are alone out there is a very bizzare feeling. I wanted to freak out and have a melt down because it was so terrifying, but at the same time it was so empowering and I felt so free. 



I started my freedom with a day filled with walking tours and cozy bars drinking warm beverages and escaping the cold. I wanted to have some chill days dedicated to recovering from the frenzy of jumping around from country to country the last week. So I spent time wandering down amazing streets looking for food and coffee cafes and bars. 
My roommate the day before Valentine's Day was a Swedish girl named Jasmine. She declared that we would be celebrating the holiday together because her friend wouldn't be able to make it. So we spent the evening over a Valentine's Day treat feast that she had purchased for her friend. Talking about American and Sweden and boys and life. She has so much to say and I loved it. Then came the Bollywood dancing and throw back music. We must have danced alone in our room for at least 3 hours. We went down stairs and met some Italian guys that were headed out to Christiania for a Bob Marley tribute concert that we had wanted to go to and we all headed out that way. We danced to reggae all night long. 
The next night the English man living in Copenhagen who I met in London invited me over for home made Thai food. How can you turn that down? Amazing food and a scary movie.
I bought my self a one way bus ticket to Prague (to meet up with Andrea, a girl I had started talking to in a travelfor a Valentine's Day present to my self and headed out that evening. 
I got to the area where my bus was supposed to be but no one seemed to know where I was supposed to be. The man on the green bus told me to go to the white bus and the man on the white bus told me to go to the green bus. I wouldn't have found it if it hadn't of been for a guy running past screaming "BERLIN". I just jumped off the bus I was on and ran after him. We were the last ones on the bus and it left 30 seconds after. 


(Apparently the start of my solo traveling led to a lack of pictures. Oops!)





No comments:

Post a Comment